JOB TITLE: SALES DIRECTORREPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGER DEPARTMENT: SALESSECTION: SALES
The main purpose of sales operation is: 1) Sales:
To achieve revenue targets and cost budgets on a national basis, through a team of people, headed up by the section managers. The function is to ensure delivery of sales, distribution, display objectives, trade receivables and damage & expiry across all channels/customers in the Kingdom. This is to be achieved through the implementation of Sales Operational Plans. The role includes responsibility for the proactive development of new incremental business & execution of any aligned plans to achieve this, across all regions and trade channels. Key responsibilities: 1. Business and Sales Management
• Build Sales Operational Plan by region/total Kingdom. Ensure distribution & display objectives are achieved as per Brand strategies and planogram implementation. • Coordinate to insure accurate sales demand forecasting for each Region and total Kingdom.• Implement Sales Cycle Activities as per set priorities and timelines to ensure delivery of objectives.• Ensure achievement of budgeted/targeted in-market sales, by region, Brand and channel.• Ensure development of top Key Retail & Wholesale customers acrossAll regions.• Ensure strike rates & productivity objectives are achieved.• Ensure correct use of POP materials for all displays & properShopper/consumer communication is executed with excellence.• Recommend and implement aligned incentive programs to achieveBusiness objectives.• Ensure that regions manage inventory levels with Trade to maintainAcceptable stock holding based on shelf life levels. • Collate and report competitive activities and information and provide Feedback to general manager & board. • Ensure that the company gets a preferred supplier status with key Customers, through excellence in customer service. • Ensure that any assigned projects are completed in full and on time. 2. Sales Force Relationships
• Present monthly Sales Operational Plans and key priorities to sections heads & management team • Work with sections heads to ensure cycle priorities / objectives for the various Regions & channels are met. • Review performance monthly to ensure alignment with Distribution and Display, in line with Key Performance objectives in Sales Cycle meetings. • Analyze and present opportunities based on performance & Retail • Audit updates to sections heads in cycle meetings, and implement prompt Corrective actions. • Ensure, through sections heads, that the regional sales teams are up-to-date on Product knowledge, features & benefits, selling stories etc. • Hold Monthly Sales Cycle review/planning meetings with sections heads. • Provide regular coaching to his direct reports. • Establish excellent relations with key account customer management Team through direct contacts & regular trade visits within the regions. 3. Profitability.
• Implement pricing as per agreed Pricing Strategies. • Ensure trade receivable targets are met. • Minimize impact of Damage & Expiry on P&L through ensuring Regions apply/follow D&E policy. • Achieves his overhead budget by controlling operating costs and Overheads within his area of responsibility. • Take a leading role in the annual budgeting process. • Be responsible for the review and sign off of accurate monthly Forecasts as prepared by the sections heads. • Maximize return on investment on trade promotions & visibility Agreement with trade. 4. Staff Management and Development
• Sustain positive team spirit by treating team members fairly and Dealing with problem situations firmly and decisively. • Actively ensure that sections heads /regional sales teams possess acceptable • Levels of knowledge and skills to achieve planned sales objectives for the brands. • Lead and direct sales teams through leadership by example & direct Involvement. • Create and encourage the involvement of direct reports in decisions /actions of the department. • Co-ordinate on KSA-basis, people resources and ensure that capability Development programs are implemented as per Plan. • Ensure that employee annual leave entitlements are taken in a planned/managed way, consistent with maintaining adequate resources In the field to deliver on sales/collection targets. • Motivates and encourages his staff by monitoring and appraising them On regular basis. 5. Leading channel strategy development. 6. Leading the development of a cross – functional strategic category vision from the perspective of supplier, customers, and shoppers. 7. Supporting the establishment of process and systems which drive integrated customer and demand planning, through working with the SC to ensure product availability and effective customer service level. 8. Ensure achievement of market sales budget, profitability by brand, supplier. 9. Achieve distribution coverage, share of market by brand as budgeted 10. Review and approve debit note pertaining to relevant and approved spend on timely manner 11. Anticipating, benchmarking and proactively responding to competitive moves and tactics. 12. Conducting, pre/post analyses in each category, channel and customer.
• Building Strategic work relationship• Strategic Leadership & Decision making• Communication. • Drive for results• Customer Focus• Aligning performance for success• Strong Negotiation skills• Innovation• Coaching• Lead through Vision StatementTechnical / Professional Knowledge & Skills:
• Key Accounts Management skills• Sales Operations & Sales Planning• Promotional Planning• Negotiations with KAs• Forecasting• Budgeting & managing Trade Spend • High Computer literacy• Presentation skills • Analytical Skills & problem solving• Inventory Management QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE.
Education: • BA Business or MarketingExperience: • Minimum 10 years Sales Management Experience in FMCG• Experience in Bakery is preferable. Special Skills: • Good level of English Language Fluency
Direct Sales, FMCG,